Selling products online is a great way to start a money-making business.
Amazon FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon) is a very popular option for sellers who want to quickly and easily start selling online. Follow these steps to get your business up and running quickly. It takes some work but with dedication and the right strategies, you can become a successful Amazon FBA seller in no time!
All about Amazon FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon)
With Amazon FBA. your inventory is fulfilled by Amazon. Once someone purchases a product from you store, Amazon gets the item from their inventory, packs it and ships it to the customer. To become and Amazon seller, you need to register with Amazon’s FBA program. Then you will create your product listings on Amazon. After that, you prepare products and ship them to an Amazon warehouse. At that point, Amazon will handle the routine tasks associated with fulfilling the orders, even customer service and returns. Nice, right?
Affiliate links are used in this post. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may make a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Here’s what you need to know before getting started with Amazon FBA
1. Pick a Product: You’ll need to decide what type of product or products you’d like to sell. Choose something that you’re passionate about and has a good profit margin.
2. Create an Amazon Seller Account: You’ll need to set up a seller account with Amazon in order to list your products and take advantage of the FBA program.
3. Find Suppliers: Once you’ve chosen your product, it’s time to find suppliers who can provide you with the items at wholesale prices. Always thoroughly vet any potential suppliers before signing a contract.
4. Get Your Inventory Ready: Once you have your inventory, you’ll need to label each item according to Amazon’s guidelines, package and ship them to Amazon’s fulfillment center.
5. Create Listings: You can list your items for sale on Amazon by creating listings for each product you have in stock. Make sure your descriptions are accurate, descriptive and optimized for search engines so buyers can easily find your products.
6. Fulfill Orders: When a buyer places an order, Amazon will pick, pack and ship the item to the customer for you. You will earn money for each sale that you make through the program.
Tips to help you sell more on Amazon FBA
• Always research your competition to get an idea of what products are selling well and how you can stand out.
• It is important to watch for customer feedback and respond quickly to negative reviews or complaints.
• Keep track of inventory levels so you know when it’s time to reorder more stock.
• Consider investing in Amazon advertising to boost your visibility and increase sales.
• Use analytics tools to stay on top of trends, watch performance and adjust your strategies.
• Utilize customer data to customize the buyer experience and create more personalized product recommendations.
What to sell on Amazon FBA: Finding a profitable product
Selling on Amazon FBA can be challenging. For some, the first step -finding the right product- can be the hardest.
Some of the most popular items to consider include electronics, kitchenware, accessories, and clothes. Check out the popular supplier-https://www.alibaba.com/ for ideas. Don’t be afraid to get creative and come up with something unique that consumers will love!
Step-by-step product research. Order a sample and use it yourself.
Identify potential niches that you are interested in and understand.
Remember to use keyword research tools like https://www.semrush.com/ or https://keywordseverywhere.com/ which is a premium browser add-on for Chrome & Firefox. It is used for quick keyword research and it also shows you keyword data such as search volume, CPC & competition. All keyword tools that show search volume for Amazon, YouTube etc. (even the paid tools) use Google search volume to get the number of people searching for a word.
With keyword tools like the ones mentioned, you can identify what people are searching for and then find recent pricing. Analyze your competitors’ products, ads and reviews to get an idea of what features customers like or dislike.
How to Source high-quality suppliers
Finding the right supplier is critical to your success as an Amazon FBA seller. Here are some tips for finding reliable suppliers that you can work with long term:
• Research potential suppliers thoroughly and read reviews from other customers.
• Ask for samples of their products before agreeing to make a purchase.
• Request detailed information about product quality, payment terms, delivery times and their return policies.
• Of course, negotiate prices to get the best value.
How to list a product on Amazon FBA
Once you’re ready to list your product on Amazon, here are the next steps to follow
• Create a listing with accurate and detailed product information.
• Estimate shipping costs for each item.
• Take really good photos of your products from all different angles. Pictures, of course, make a huge difference. Ensure that you aren’t violating any copyrights by using the pictures you choose.
• Set prices that will attract buyers and still make you money-that’s the point after all!
• Watch your listings regularly to look for any errors or updates that you may need to make.
Listing and advertising optimization
Once you’ve started selling on Amazon, there are several things you can do to optimize your listings and attract more buyers:
• Use keywords in the titles as well as the descriptions of your product.
• Offer free shipping or discounts for purchasing multiple products at once.
• Check the reviews all the time to identify areas where you need to make changes.
Find the right amount of inventory can be tricky but you can do it by watching the orders and stock closely, at least for a while. You want to keep up with demand but not have too much supply in Amazon’s warehouses. I typically recommend having 4 to 6 months’ worth of inventory in the warehouse (with more around the holidays) and watching your inventory to keep storage fees down.
Manage your listings
Check on your listings frequently in Seller Central and on the listing pages themselves. Of course, review all of your images and descriptions and make sure they are correct, always answer questions from customers and potential customers and keep an eye out for any reviews, which may help you with info on how to improve the product.
If you have decided to use ads then continue to optimize your PPC campaigns every few weeks to make sure you have high performing ads. Run search terms reports to see how each keyword is performing and remove the ones that aren’t doing well and increase your bids on the ones that are.
Get a virtual assistant
Keep track of your Amazon account to make sure you are staying within all guidelines. By hiring a virtual assistant, you have someone to focus on daily account management while you focus on things that will grow your business. You can use a virtual assistant to handle things like-customer service, creating new content, sourcing products, optimizing your campaigns and daily administrative tasks like shipment or handling concerns.
Starting an Amazon FBA business offers a great opportunity to make money. It requires a lot of upfront research and hard work but the payoff can be significant. You need to be willing to put in the time researching products, finding suppliers, setting up listings, creating your ads and managing inventory. Remember that Amazon is a competitive marketplace, so you’ll need to stay on top of things like keyword research, supplier sourcing and listing optimization so you can stand out from the competition.
Following the steps outlined in this article, you’ll have a great start to launch and become profitable. With careful planning, money management and an eye for detail, you can create a successful Amazon FBA business.
I started Social Kelli as more of a journal than a blog and realized that it could also speak to other women like me leading normal yet unique lives. Women like me, who are not celebrities but are creative, intentional, mature yet experimental, constantly evolving, (over)thoughtful, engaged where they want to be, decidedly disconnected from the noise and of course, purposely comfortable with who they are…
Social Kelli is fashion and lifestyle blog that gives marketing tips and brand recommendations to the every day woman to help grow a dream life. Take a look around my Amazon shop, read about my social media journey and follow for fashion and style inspiration. Learn how to create a home and business that reflect your passions!